Google Ads Editor offers an automated way of managing a campaigns operations. It is useful for managing specific PPC tasks that may be repetitive in nature. Current Google Ads Editor is the 10th version of the original tool. Because of the wide range of functions provided, the Google Ads Editor helps accomplish varying nature tasks. In this tutorial, we will walk you through:
- Editing tasks this ad editor does
- How to use Google Ads Editor
- Handy new Google Ads Editor Features
- Reasons to use Google Ads Editor
Editing tasks this ad editor does
Google Ads editor is useful for carrying bulk tasks in a limited time frame. Some of the bulk and repetitive tasks are done by this tool, such as:
- Editing bids on numerous keywords - choose to raise or lower down the bids.
- Bulk changing of keyword match types
- Push copy of entire campaign to adCenter
- Tweaking changes in specific campaigns such as ad text set or moving the keyword list. Before making changes, it allows for copying large sections of campaigns.
The editor only follows the operational instructions or helps do the routine functions of designing and changing the keyword attributes. It does not provide intelligence support. You cannot expect to get suggestions on keywords, bids, campaign structure, etc.
How to use Google Ads Editor
The users of Google Ads Editor can download one or more accounts first to extract their best convenience. Further, changes can be made offline and uploaded to Google Ads later. Some of the actions one can do with this Editor are:
- Review the settings: Using this editor, the campaign managers can define the default targeting for upcoming campaigns. The settings can be reviewed by following path Tools>Settings for Windows and Google Ads Editor>Preferences in Mac.
- Download the account: To make use of this editor, one can download one or more Google ads promo codes.
- Make changes in account: Google Ads Editor allows us to make these changes:
- Individual changes: Copy and paste keywords across different ad groups
- Bulk changes: Import the list of updated campaigns, or replace chosen text across multiple ads designed
- Share changes: Ads campaign does need reviews from colleagues working on the same project. Thus, to get their review of ideas, sending them a copy of the changes needs an instant solution. Google Ads Editor allows sharing changes with colleagues for reviewing. Further, it can help import the changes too.
- Review changes: Manual error is possible everywhere, and Google display ad is no exception. So, one can check changes and allow to address warnings or some errors.
- Post changes: After all changes are included and reviewed, the users can click post to Google Ads and find changes in the account.
Thus, routine or repetitive nature changes and applicable across all ad groups can be made with Google Ads Editor.
Apart from changes management, other Google Ads Editor functions are:
- Download accounts and analytics
- Import and Export
- Add, edit and delete changes
- Installation of the tool
- Upgradation to a new version
- Managing multiple actions for multiple accounts
- Post changes
- Release the notes
Handy new Google Ads Editor features
Google Ads Editor introduced some new features in versions 9 and 10. Some of the handy features and their roles are:
Extension of Extensions:
Google Ads Editor has additional space for two extension types- Business Locations and Site Links. These extensions allow us to make lots of changes in URLs and display orders. In the new, improved Google Ads Editor Interface, the Product Extensions continue to remain non-configurable; however, the users can switch on or off it according to requirement. In Sitelinks, the user can find some online ads data; the extensions statistics are not displayed in the editor.
Campaigns tab targeting:
In this feature, edit is added to the interface. It is a new feature under campaigns tab targeting. Users can select a multitude of platforms, both Android-supported and iOS-supported. Also, carrier demarcation is easy to achieve with this feature. Thus, the ad campaigns become more focused and quite aligned with advertising objectives.
Get Recent Changes Button:
You can find it in the drop-down list of accounts, and it allows you to manage multiple accounts with a single click. This feature is primarily designed for power MCC users and PPC agencies. The in-house marketers with multiple accounts to maintain also get the birds eye view of all changes. With quicker account data loading, the user can effortlessly and toggle between the accounts in one click.
Ability to filter downloading choices:
Filtering the downloading choices helps manage the critical account elements by being to the point. Thus, the user can get a chance to evade graphic ads, slower top open, and heftier to occupy space. By following the path Tools>Settings menu, the users can pick downloading preferences and speed up the features management process.
Same tab for Negative Keywords:
The latest version of Google Ads Editor has brought negative keywords in the same tab. Thus, to get the negative keywords list, the user need not switch from one tab to another. It has been done to make the editor space-efficient and easily accessible on small screens too. The user simply toggles between the negative and positive keyword choices; the demarcation between the choices is made by changing the panels color to red to denote harmful keyword data.
Reasons to use Google Ads Editor
Google Ads Editor offers the ease of managing regular activities of the campaign. It offers this ease by providing these features:
- Quick bid adjustment: Ease of reducing bids to save on cost
- Bulk search and replace: Ability to search keywords across campaigns and replace them in a click
- Find duplicate keywords: Helps avoid budget wastage by ensuring uniqueness of keywords
- Moving and copying campaigns, keywords, and ad groups: Allows having multiple campaigns for the same geo-target settings
- Enables offline editing: You can edit changes without depending on the internet connection
- Share edits: To ensure that all workers on the PPC campaign are updated uniformly.
The need to be more specific or targeted and the ease of designing multiple ad campaigns have made it imperative to have some automated PPC management solution. Google Ads Editor offers precisely that and much more!