When it comes to the transportation and distribution industry in the US the market itself is highly competitive, to say the least. Companies operating within the sector employ a highly skilled workforce and this minimized their cost substantially. The United States Business Logistics reached a figure of $1.6 trillion by 2018 which contributed to 8% of the nation’s GDP that year. Further insights into the industry reveal that the annual volume of freight transported throughout the US by land was around 2,523 billion TKM (ton kilometer). The transportation and related industries in the US employ over 13.3 million people which accounts for about 9.1% of all workers in the United States. All of this information may sound exhilarating for a third person, however, if you are a business owner then you know there is the tough road the lies ahead of you in order to sustain your profitability in the long run. Hence in this post, we would like to offer you some great suggestions through which you can effectively be able to differentiate your businesses from others. This in return will allow you to get recognized from customers and potential prospects. So let’s take a quick look at each one of them:
Forge a Distinguishable Business Identity
If you need people to recognize your business, become familiarized with it over time, then you need to delve deep into corporate branding techniques. You need to pour out your ambitions, organizational values, and principles that you stand for into your corporate identity so that it could resonate with your beliefs, missions, and ultimate vision behind the venture. You should create an eye-catchy logo for your company along with catchphrases, taglines, and slogans that attract people. We strongly recommend that you develop custom logo transportation uniforms for your workers. This will not only make them appear more professionally trained but it will also help in promulgating your business image towards onlookers, bystanders, and in the eyes of the general public. Furthermore, you should also consider branding your worker’s tools, apparatus, and equipment with your business name and logo. This should also be applied to all of your company-owned and maintained vehicles as well. Lastly, you should follow this type of branding consistently and even your office interior and exterior decors should apply the same consistent branding theme as well.
Nurture a Dominating Online and Digital Presence
Digital marketing is a great tool that you can use to exponentially grow your business and deliver a power statement about your venture. Here is a quick walkthrough for you:
- Design and develop an attractive website for your business that allures potential prospects. In time this will become your most valuable real estate in the virtual realm once you start using search engine optimization (SEO) tactics to rank higher on search engine result pages (SERPs).
- Run an industry-related blog and enable users with the guest posting options to make it an all-round interactive and engaging platform for the exchange of valuable information and insights.
- Create social media profiles and pages on several well-known platforms including the likes of Facebook, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube to name a few.
- Register your business online on various listing websites and customer review websites to gain more traction for your website and social media pages.
- Start growing your email contact list from day one. Send newsletters, press releases, and much more to your followers and keep on increasing your contacts.
- If your budget permits you then you can also explore the various affiliate marketing and online paid-marketing campaigns that you can acquire from credible sources.
Support Community Involvement
The more you interact and engage with the local community around you in a positive manner the better it will be for you to have a chance of developing goodwill amongst the masses and enable good word of mouth about your venture to travel alongside. Pick out some charities to support or create your own. Perform philanthropy and give back to the community as much as you can, but simultaneously publicize all such involvements.
We hope this post was able to offer you some meaningful insights regarding how you can go about creating a distinguishable image for your transportation and distribution business which in return will help you attract more customers. For more questions and queries regarding the topic, please feel free to let us know of your opinions and views in the comment section below.