Apple pie ice cream is one of the most delicious desserts in the world today. It is prepared by incorporating the flavors of apple pie and ice cream and churning it in an ice cream maker to give one creamy, smooth textured frozen treat. It also can be served alone or as a topping for pie, cake, or other desserts.
Apple pie ice cream has many recipes depending on your preference, taste, and flavor. It can be made from different apples and spices. These include Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, chopped nuts, a swirl of caramel sauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, and many more. Are you looking for a fun and unique dessert to serve at your next gathering? Apple pie ice cream will surely be a hit for kids and adults!
How to make apple pie ice cream with different recipes
Many types of apple pie ice cream are available in the market today! But you can create unique flavors by experimenting and mixing ingredients or adding spices or flavors. Here are some of the common flavors:
Classic apple pie
A classic apple pie is an ice cream whose principal filling ingredient is apples. It can be served with whipped cream, ice cream, and cheddar cheese.
Ingredients for making a classic apple pie
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Eggs, nutmeg, and salt
- Cinnamon(optional) and ice water.
- Combine the flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl and mix the butter inside until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Add the ice water a little at a time, and mix until the dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into two and keep it in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Mix your apples, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in another bowl.
- Roll out the first half of the pie dough and spread it onto a pie dish.
- Fill the pie dish with the apple mixture and add butter to the top.
- Roll out the second half of the pie dough and place it on top of the first one. Pinch the edges of the top and bottom crusts together to seal the pie.
- Brush the top of the pie with egg and sprinkle sugar on it.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Allow the pie to cool before slicing and serving.
Also Read: All About Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
Caramel apple pie
Caramel apple pie combines the taste of caramel and apple pie. It is made by mixing caramel sauce with classic apple pie ice cream.
- Pie dough and apples
- lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg (Optional)
- All-purpose flour and sugar
- Caramel candies and salt
- Heavy cream and egg
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Mix the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Mix the sliced apples with lemon juice in another bowl.
- Divide the pie dough into two
- Roll out half of the pie dough and place it in the pie dish.
- Pour the first mixture over the apple mixture.
- Microwave the caramel candies and heavy cream together until the caramel is smooth and melted.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the apples in the pie dish and spread it evenly.
- Roll out the second pie dough and cut it into strips. Place the strips over the top of the pie.
- Brush the top of the pie with the egg.
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350°F (180°C) and continue baking for another until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Allow the pie to cool before serving.
Apple pie a la mode
Apple pie a la mode is made by mixing vanilla ice cream and pieces of baked apple pie together.
- Classic apple pie
- Apples, sugar, flour
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice.
- Preheat your oven.
- Place your apple pie in a pie dish.
- Mix your apples and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix the sugar, flour, and spices in another bowl.
- Pour the second mixture over the apples.
- Cover the apple mixture with a top crust. Cut slits in the top of the pie to allow steam to escape.
- Put it inside the oven and bake until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Allow the pie to cool before serving.
Also Read: Everything you Need to Know About Flapjacks
Apple crisp ice cream flavor is prepared by incorporating baked apples in vanilla or cinnamon ice cream.
- All-purpose flour and apple
- Oats and brown sugar
- Unsalted butter and salt
- Cinnamon and nutmeg(Optional)
- Mix your sliced apples with the cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, and butter in another bowl.
- Use your fingers or mixer to mix the ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour the mixture into the apples in the baking dish.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Allow it to cool before serving.
Apple cheddar combines the sweetness of apple pie with the tanginess of cheddar cheese. Its by adding grated cheddar cheese with classic apple pie ice cream.
- Apple and butter
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Slices of bread
- On medium heat, preheat your pan
- Add the butter to the pan and let it melt.
- Place the apple slices in the pan and cook each side until they are tender and lightly caramelized.
- Grate the cheddar cheese.
- Toast the bread until it is crispy and lightly browned.
- Place the cooked apples on one slice of bread, followed by the grated cheddar cheese.
- Top the other slice of bread with the grated cheddar cheese.
- Press gently to close the sandwich.
- Return the sandwich to the pan and cook each side until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the sandwich from the pan and let it cool before serving.
To wrap it up
No matter the ingredient and method you choose, the key to making good apple ice cream is using your preferred ingredients and not overcooking the apples.
We accept guest posts related to similar articles. Get in touch with us today to get your article to the right readers.