Artificial intelligence (AI) is a form of data science that has been around for a while. But as AI techniques improve and become more widely used, we could see a radical shift in how we look at automation.
While automation is not new, the rate at which AI technology evolves and its applications in other fields will make it a viable option for nearly every industry. In fact, Accenture predicts that 47% of companies that invest in emerging technologies, such as AI and VR, will see those companies grow by 20%.
What does that mean?
AI automation is one of the pillars for organizations to drive digital transformation. While it has long been used as a form of intelligence in various industries, artificial intelligence (AI) has now evolved into a platform that leads organizations to achieve their business goals. With automation, companies can now create multiple layers of value and offer personalized experiences to end users by relying on machine learning, chatbots, trend analytics, and more.
So, What is AI Automation?
AI Automation is an emerging field that aims to automate many of the repetitive and tedious tasks often required in business. In other words, AI Automation is the process of making any software/hardware more intelligent. Today, many organizations are already implementing AI automation to automate their processes and streamline their operations.
According to a McKinsey report, 30% of the tasks performed in 60% of the existing professions will be automated in the future. Interesting right?!
As with any technology, there are both benefits and risks associated with AI automation. While AI can help organizations streamline their operations and reduce costs, it also has the potential to create new risks if not managed properly.
Future of AI Automation
AI automation is the next stage of automation. The current stage is automation by machine learning, which makes the machine smarter and more efficient. It further improves on that by making the machine able to learn from its own mistakes and other data.
This allows us to create machines capable of solving problems and performing tasks humans normally would, such as driving cars or performing surgery. This also means we can use AI automation in areas where humans cannot operate because they are too involved with other tasks.
For example, if youre a doctor who has to perform surgery on a patient, your work will be easier if you have an assistant who can help you with the actual operating part without having to think about it too much or worry about any potential complications associated with it.
AI and Automation – Are They Similar?
Its important to recognize that Artificial intelligence and automation are not similar since they are set to transform the workplace over the next ten years completely. Each provides particular features and advantages at work:
- Automation is dependent on rules created by human beings. On the other side, AI is intended to operate independently as it learns and adapts.
- Automation emphasizes regular tasks to relieve employees of time-consuming duties. Contrarily, AI creates a special type of intelligence that learns to detect information and relevant insights to make wiser decisions.
- Since the beginning of the automotive industry, automation has been applied in business. While AI is more recent in the workplace, it can be combined with automation to increase its advantages.
Application of Automation
Smart automation allows for the implementation of AI automation in the workplace.
Businesses can achieve incredible benefits in the workplace by combining AI, ML, natural language processing (NLP), data mining, and many other technologies under the umbrella of intelligent automation.
Various industries around the world have already seen the benefits of AI automation, including:
- Improved Customer Service like automatic chatbots, virtual assistance, and personalized search engines
- AI can control data entry and reporting skills in data mining, which includes analytics more effectively.
- Increased productivity and efficiency in manufacturing
- Rapid Drug discovery and quality enhancement
- Improved accuracy of products and confidence in the result of tasks like fraud detection
- Moreover, with the usage of products and services powered by AI automation, businesses might become more productive and implement ML strategies that, over time, assist in optimizing processes and workflows.
- Recently, construction firms have also used artificial intelligence automation to track development more precisely and effectively. They can streamline their work schedules and raise workplace safety thanks to technology.
The above circumstances showed that automation isnt going away anytime soon, as new creative processes are being developed with AI at the core. While it might be a firmer grasp of your skills that ultimately lands you a job, it wont hurt to understand this process, either.
Now you might be wondering, will automation kill the job of data scientists?
The answer is NO.
While it is true that the workforce will undergo a significant transformation as firms progress along their automation journey, with individuals receiving more assistance from AI-powered automation. Only about half of the tasks performed by data scientists will be automated.
In fact, the workforce will include both humans and robots, and the interface between them may have varying dynamics.
Always, remember that AI and automation arent ultimately intended to replace workers or eliminate human interaction. Thus, employees must realize how implementing new AI or automation helps the companys objectives and operations.
How is AI Automation evolving?
AI has already begun to revolutionize the digital workplace across industries, and this process is expected to accelerate soon.
- In the progress of AI, automation is one of the inevitable next steps, and its impact will extend beyond business operations to support economic growth and emerging challenges like healthcare and climate change.
- These innovations are predicted to alter workplace culture and employment relations as well, as would be expected. Machines will take on more human tasks as they can handle some duties that humans cannot do. As a result, certain professions will change and flourish while others will disappear.
As you can see, Artificial intelligence automation can undoubtedly be a powerful tool for businesses. It is a crucial part of the modern workforce and will only get more important as time goes on. While its easy to imagine a world where robots replace humans, we are still at least another decade away from such a reality. In the meantime, automation can help businesses create more efficient operations that save time and money while increasing productivity.
Happy Learning!Tags: AI AutomationAI technologyartificial intelligenceData Science